COTS is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization which fulfills a need within the Continuum of Care of the Fox Cities by providing temporary transitional shelter for the homeless men and women in Outagamie, Winnebago and Calumet counties. Our goal is to respectfully provide homeless individuals a safe and affordable place to live, food, household needs and training on basic living skills enabling them to transition to self-sufficiency and independent living.
Each resident of the COTS Young Adult Program participates in a structured program that is both geared toward collaborative learning, as well as setting and completing individualized goals. The COTS Young Adult Program will allow residents between the ages 18-24 who complete our 2-year program to:
- Complete the necessary living skills’ instruction to be able to live independently
- Complete training with ServiceWorks, which is an intensive community-based job training program
- Gain the necessary job skills to obtain and maintain permanent, full-time employment
- Become debt-free and financially independent
- Gain respect of self and others
- Experience personal growth and development
- Live a self-sufficient and self-directed lifestyle
- Obtain safe, stable and permanent housing
Program fees are $275 per/month with a $100.00 security deposit required upon entry. To be considered for the program, please complete the application process below.
The Application Process:
- Complete the application and return it to either location.
- If you meet the minimum requirements (as indicated on the application), a staff member will contact you to schedule an interview to determine if COTS is an appropriate program for you. In addition to gathering personal information, we will conduct reference and criminal background checks.
- Intakes are done on a continuous basis regardless of availability. Accepted applicants are then placed on a waiting list. Program fees of $275 and a $100 security deposit are required upon admission. Applicants who are on our wait list are encouraged to contact COTS weekly to remain actively involved in the process.
Click here to download a Housing Application.
All Intake Inquiries
Young Adult Program
819 S West Avenue
Appleton, WI 54915
Phone: 920-734-3609 Fax: 920-734-4732