Thank you for your interest in volunteering at COTS!
Because we are a transitional shelter and our residents live here 24/7, our volunteer opportunities are a bit different from most other organizations.
Our primary volunteer option is through our Meal Ministry program, where you can make a difference by providing heartwarming meals for our residents. You can also organize a linen drive or donate much-needed items from our wish list.
- Meal Ministry. Volunteers prepare a home-cooked meal for about 20 people and deliver it to our residence. No serving is involved — just prep and delivery. Our residents set up, serve and clean up. You can prepare whatever you’d like (such as lasagna/bread/salad, sloppy joes, casseroles, chili with fixings, etc.). Even if you aren’t fond of cooking, you can still be a Meal Minister! Many Meal Ministers order pizza or other carry-out for our residents. Meals are scheduled for Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Meal sign up for the Appleton Men’s shelter: https://signup.com/go/ZZScKNh
- Meal sign up the Appleton Women’s shelter: https://signup.com/go/LuWThDM
- Meal sign up for the Oshkosh shelter: https://signup.com/go/ATZrqrw
- Special Events and Projects. Occasionally we may have seasonal opportunities, such as The Family Radio Network’s “Help for the Homeless” hygiene drive or our Holiday Social, and special projects, such as mailings or landscaping assistance. When these opportunities become available, they are posted on our Facebook page.
If you’d like to sign up to be a Meal Minister or if you are interested in learning more about our volunteer opportunities or wish list needs, please contact the Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 734-3609.